At some point in our lives, many of us will become unsatisfied with our smile. This could be because of discolored, cracked, or missing teeth … or a variety of other reasons. But don’t fear!
At Cox Family Dentistry & Orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry is one of our key focus areas.
We’ve embraced the latest technology and techniques to make our patients look – and feel – their best. A shiny, straight, and healthy smile will boost your confidence and ability to keep your oral health in tip-top shape.
There are a host of options available to you, some of which we’ll highlight in this blog!
- Teeth whitening is an ideal procedure for many people. In just one visit, we can turn dull to dazzling! Sometimes we can even enhance your smile up to eight shades whiter! Friends, family, and co-workers won’t be able to help but notice your infectious smile. A boost in self-esteem is inevitable. Over-the-counter whiteners are available – but you won’t end up with the same long-lasting, predictable, and safe quality results we can provide.
- Veneers are a game-changer for many patients. These ultra-thin shells can fill in gaps, and best of all, they look exactly like natural teeth! Due to the translucent material, people won’t be able to tell you have anything on your teeth at all. There are two kinds – composite resin veneers and porcelain veneers. Not everyone is a candidate, but we’ll be able to determine that during your consultation.
- Crowns are used to protect damaged teeth or those that have undergone a root canal. They can also be used to hide severely discolored or misshapen teeth. Other pros: they’re natural-looking, resilient, and custom-made to fit perfectly and comfortably. The average crown lasts seven years, but some have been known to function well for up to 40!
- Crowns and bridges can work together to restore missing or damaged teeth, restoring your smile’s natural beauty and performance. A bridge is a combination of crowns and artificial teeth. For many people, crowns and bridges are the preferred option to close gaps. They look and feel natural, are permanent (no moving, clicking, or gum irritation), and they prevent neighboring teeth from shifting and filling in the space where the lost tooth used to be.
- Orthodontic treatments are used to straighten smiles. Treatment can begin at a very early age in anticipation of permanent teeth. Teeth that aren’t lined up can cause a host of problems, including increased tooth decay due to difficulties in cleaning, gum disease, and difficulty speaking and chewing. Orthodontics will provide optimum teeth alignment to help with these issues, as well as the promise of an inevitable boost in appearance and esteem.
- Bonding is one of the simplest and affordable cosmetic dental procedures out there. A tooth-colored resin is used to repair teeth with imperfections (e.g. chipped, fractured, decayed, or discolored teeth). It’s called bonding because the material bonds directly to the tooth. One of the major advantages is the speedy process – all it takes is one visit!
We can make your smile stand out again!
Just get in touch with us today so we can determine if cosmetic dentistry is right for you. Our team has more than 25 years of experience in helping our patients achieve stunning smiles!
– Dr. Gregory Cox & Dr. Sherri Wilkerson-Cox