If your teeth are crowded or crooked, it can affect your appearance, the way you smile, and even influence the way you behave around others in social situations. You may also experience jaw discomfort due to misaligned teeth, find it harder to chew foods, and face challenges brushing and flossing.
At Cox Family Dentistry & Orthodontics, we’ve helped many patients – people just like you! – discover a perfectly straight smile through orthodontic treatment.
If you’ve been wondering what your options are, we’ll tell you about the two most popular and effective treatments – Invisalign® and traditional braces. So let’s cover the benefits of each.
With Invisalign, you wear custom fabricated clear aligners for 20-22 hours per day. Many people prefer this treatment because it provides …
- A clear transformation. You can go about your day without anyone knowing you have something in your mouth. Keep doing all the activities you enjoy and eat and drink with ease.
- Easy oral hygiene. Simply remove your aligner to brush and floss your teeth.
- Smile in comfort. Aligners are created to line up with your gumline, so they won’t irritate or cut your gums.
- Fast results. If you follow your dentist’s instructions, your treatment can be over and done within one year.
Did you know … adults and teens can benefit from Invisalign treatment? It’s true.
If Invisalign isn’t for you, traditional braces might be. This treatment uses bands, wires, and/or brackets to gradually move your teeth to where they need to be. Some of the benefits are …
- Less noticeable than they used to be. Bonded brackets – the most common type used – are far less recognizable than metal bands. You can get tooth-colored plastic or ceramic brackets that are also hard to spot.
- Effective treatment of overcrowding. Your orthodontist has complete control of the shifts that happen in your smile.
- Colorful options. Most kids are thrilled to discover the multitude of choices for elastics and brackets.
- No self-control needed. Since braces are fixed to the teeth, you can’t remove them and forget about them, or misplace them. This is a great benefit for teens who are tempted to take out their clear aligners and leave them out for extended periods of time.
Are they right for you? We have the experience and know-how to determine if Invisalign or braces will give you the desired results for you smile … Dr. Sherri specializes in orthodontics in Fredericksburg, so you can be sure she will answer your questions honestly and take all aspects of your oral health into consideration before making a treatment recommendation.
Call now – and receive a complimentary new patient evaluation! We look forward to hearing from you … and helping you find your best smile!
– Dr. Gregory Cox & Dr. Sherri Wilkerson-Cox